As famous as it can be and as much as I always agree with what he has to say, this time round I do have to admit that perhaps, he went a little bit over the top.
Not that what he said was untrue, he do have a point when he questioned the fitness of the premiership referees (not like they are so perfect anyway what more with some of their famous decision lately if that ever have anything to do with fitness) but I just think its not right for him to specifically refer to one ref in particular even thou he was talking about the one who refereed our match at that particular time.
See the thing is, it is not a secret that the FA has been eyeing the big clubs and man utd are included especially things concerning referees so with these kind of statement, I don't expect Sir Alex to really be let off easily, not without a fine at least. To think again, I'm not sure if its really necessary to make such a remark as by now, obviously nothing goes to the FA attention except for finding faults with the clubs.
If they would want to listen, they by now would already implement video technologies to the game or atleast suggest it to FIFA. Ok I may not know if they did or did not but still, seeing is believing and we see nothing of that so far. Yet they feel the need to employ an additional man on the pitch to which chances of another additional human error will bound to happen. Haiz....
And so very recently, Sir Alex apologized. It took a great man to come out and do that publicly but certainly not one I didn't expect coming from Sir Alex. The question is, will that make any difference? Will the FA accept that without throwing the book at him? Will it be as easily as to forgive and forget?? I defo doubt it. What could be the worst thing to happen to him if the FA decided to take action against him?
Rafa and Neil Warnock - similar? Yup, both are birth canals.Take Rafa for instance, he was let off after apparently showing the ref a similar reaction from Neil Warnock that wasnt taken action against. Meh!! So now in another way the FA will live with this forever? Meaning if Sir Alex do the same gesture somewhere along the future he will get off with it?? So indirectly implicating that the ref should wear glasses and questioning the ref decision is ok then? And what difference was it when Sir Alex questioned the fitness of the ref?? As far as I can see, both questioned the integrity of the ref and both sounds insulting, if that's the right word to use.
One thing I hate most about the FA is the lack of consistency. One rule for one and another for the rest. WTH?? Im amazed that the FA didnt work hard enough to work on their own flaws rather then spend time thinking about what punishment will they be handing out. Granted, not all managers are correct and not all referees are crap but when talking about these crappy referees or these who made huge mistake like a "few" - too little for me to mention, it will be as good if they too will go thru the same punishment and procedure as the managers did when found guilty or in fact worst cause as far as I'm concerned, like it or not the game is in their hand and result goes their way and that they have the bigger call so why shouldn't they get at least half of the blame when something didn't go right? Of course they are human being and humans tends to make error which is understandable, but its how you took responsible of that errors that counts and so far, nothing much of being responsible from the FA, in fact nothing at all.
I will be very surprised if Sir Alex get off with this one...VERY VERY SURPRISE....but if he did, that will not change my opinion of the FA one bit. Now we see how the ref do for us in our matches after this..it will defo be interesting...hmmm...